The MYX MOVES STREETDANCE COMPETITION is an inter highschool street dance competition aiming to showcase the different high school dance crews around NCR.
Composed of three (3) divisions:
- All boys
- All girls
- Co Ed
All participants must be a bonafide student of the school for the school year 2016-2017. The representing group must be accredited by the school administration.
Participants must be 18 years of age and under during the competition school year.
Crew members should be a minimum of eight (8) and a maximum of sixteen (16) members.
The competition has three (3) rounds:
- Screening and Eliminations
- Division Finals
- Grand Finals
SCREENING AND ELIMINATIONS
1. All high school teams must submit a video as an entry through the official website of MYX - www.myxph.com
2. Video submissions could be any street dance routine of the crew for any street dance competition or rehearsal video within the school year 2015-2016.
a) Video file type must be .mp4, .mov, or .avi. Size limit is max of 100MB.
b) File name should be (MYX_School_Group Name)
3. The participationg group must fully accomplish the sign-up form and submit the certification form (duly signed by school administration) and waiver form (each crew member must submit the waiver form duly signed by their parent or legal guardian).
a) Registration Form
i. One (1) team representative (group president or chairman) must duly accomplish the registration form with following fields:
- Name of representative
- Birthday of representative
- School Address
- Active Mobile Number
- Active Email Address
- Gender of representative
- Upload video submission
- Essay - this part must include the following details:
i. School Name
ii. School's contact number
iii. Dance Group Name
iv. Division (All boys, All girls or Co-Ed)
b) Certification Form:
i. Download the form through this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-NY-sEa43DLZVVSQUhSZnlSODA/view?usp=sharing
ii. Email the duly accomplished form to MYXMOVESMarketing@gmail.com
iii. Email subject should be (Certification_School_Group Name)
c) Waiver form
i. Download the form through this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-NY-sEa43DLYUtHTW8xXzZYUk0/view?usp=sharing
ii. ALL DANCE CREW MEMBERS must submit the form with the signature of their parent or legal guardian.
iii. The dance crew representative must email the duly accomplished forms to MYXMOVESMarketing@gmail.com
iv. Email subject should be (Waiver_School_Group Name)
v. Each file name must be (Waiver_School_Group Name_Student's Name)
4. All forms must be emailed to MYXMOVESMarketing@gmail.com within 7 working days after online registration.
a) Failure to submit the documents after 7 working days will automatically disregard the online application of the dance crew.
5. Submission of entries is from March 21, 2016 until June 25, 2016.
6. Entries will be screened and judged from June 26-30, 2016.
7. Accepted teams will be notified through email or text message by the MYX team.
8. The complete list of accepted teams will be posted on www.myxph.com and will be aired on MYX (Sky Cable Channel 23) after the judging period.
1. Qualified teams will be divided per division: All Boys, All Girls and Co-Ed.
2. Each dance crew must prepare and perform a streetdance routine with a minimum length of one minute and 30 seconds (1:30) and a maximum of two minutes (2:00)
3. The top three (3) teams per division will advance to the Grand Finals.
1. The top three (3) teams will battle for the top one (1) spot of their respective divisions.
2. Top one (1) team of the divisions will vie for the title "MYX MOVES STREETDANCE COMPETITION GRAND CHAMPION"
3. Winners will be determined by the judges guided by the criteria of judging.
FREESTYLE SOLO BATTLE
1. This will be a separate competition that will only be eligible for teams that qualified.
2. Teams can opt to field a competing member or a non competing member, as long as he/she is a bonafide student of the school.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Video routines submitted with graduating students of the previous year will be accepted. Given that the substitutes for the division and grand finals are bonafide member/s of the group.
2. Teams must only perform street dance routines.
a. A street dance routing is composed of choreographies such as; Bboy, Popping, Locking, House, Krump, Wacking, Reggae, Dancehall, Urban, Swag, Hood/Club dances, Stomping and choreographies that are deemed "street dance".
3. Teams are strongly encouraged to be unique with their own choregraphy and still incorporate Hip Hop styles that will enhance their routine.
4. Utmost safety should be observed when incorporating Gymnastics and Cheerdance skills.
5. Teams are free to express themselves through their costumes and handheld props but must not have lewd clothing or gestures during performances.
6. Routine for the video submission / elimination round must be one minute and thirty seconds (1:30).
7. Routine for the division finals must be at a minimum of one minute and thirty seconds (1:30) and a maximum of two minutes (2:00)
8. Routine for the grand finals must be at a minimum of two minutes (2:00) and a maximum of two minutes and thirty seconds (2:30)
9. Teams are allowed to mix more than one song but it must not contain improper language and lyrics.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING (Eliminations, Division and Grand Finals)
Creativity 55 points - Break down as follows:
1. Choreography (difficulty level, musicality, effectiveness and originality) - 20 points
2. Blocking, Elements and use of stage - 20 points
3. Entertainment value and appeal - 10 points
4. Overall look (costume) - 5 points
Execution 45 points - Break down as follows:
1. Synchronization - 25 points
2. Showmanship (Confidence, Intensity and Projection) - 20 points
Cash and other prizes await the grand winner and the runner ups of the competition. The prizes will be announced SOON.
1. Employee of ABS-CBN and all its subsidiaries including their relatives up to the second degree of consanguity or affinity are disqualified from joining the competition.
2. Teams that do not represent a particular school will not be allowed to join.
3. Teams with falsified registration details will be automatically disqualified.
4. Lewd, obscene and offensive gestures during performances.
5. Unsportsmanship and disrespect to the MYX team, judges and organzing committee will be grounds for disqualification.
I, a bonafide student and member of my represented dance group, is submitting an original dance routine video (the "Video") to Creative Programs, Inc. ("CPI") to be considered for exhibition on CPI's cable television channel MYX Music Channel and website www.myxph.com (the "Platforms") for MYX Moves Streetdance Competition (the "Event").
By submitting the Video,
1. I grant to CPI the non-exclusive right to publicly display or otherwise communicate to the public, exhibit, broadcast, exploit, and to reproduce the Video on the Platforms, throughout the world.
2. I acknowledge that I shall receive valuable and sufficient consideration in the form of exhibition and promotion of the Video on the Platforms. I agree that CPI shall not be required to and shall not make any payment to me or anyone on my behalf in the exercise by CPI of the rights granted under this Agreement.
3. I acknowledge that CPI is under no obligation to exhibit the Video, and that CPI has the prerogative to not exhibit the Video. I understand that CPI shall not require any fee or payment for the exhibition by CPI if the Video.
4. I agree that should CPI exhibit the Video for promo purposes of the Event, such exhibition shall be subject to the programming of the Platforms as to placement and runs.
5. I agree that CPI may make modifications to the Video to include whichever may be necessary for the creative execution of the promotional materials to promote the Event; or to pixelate any brand or product placement within the Video. Any modification to the Video shall not require my prior written approval.
6. I warrant and represent that:
a. I have the right to grant CPI the rights granted under this Agreement;
b. There is no agreement or commitment with any other person or coporation which will interfere with the rights granted to CPI;
c. Our dance group owns and controls all exhibition, performance and all other rights granted to CPI in or to the Video, and that we have obtained all necessary licenses, consents and releases required for the production, synchronization, exhibition, performance, distribution, marketing and exploitation of the Video hereunder.
d. I have secured the necessary approval, consent and release of all persons appearing in the Video to allow CPI to exhibit and reproduce such persons' name, likeness and image;
e. We assume full and complete responsibility for the fulfillment of all obligations and commitments to all persons engaged to furnish services for the production of the Video, and we warrant that such persons have no claims from CPI in connection with the Video; and
f. The Video, any part or element thereof, any material or music contained therein or synchronized therewith, the title, or the exercise of any right granted to CPI, does not infringe or will not infringe any trademark, trade name, contract, copyright, patent, artistic, dramatic, private, civil or property right or any other right of any person, firm or corporation.
7. We shall indemnify and hold CPI, its officers, directors, agents, stockholders, employees, and sponsors of the Platforms harmless from and against any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses including attorney's fees, resulting from any judgment recovered in any action or proceeding by any third party based on anything contained in the Video or upon my breach of my warranties and representations, and undertakings.
8. I warrant that I am of full legale age (if above eighteen (18) years of age) and of full capacity, and have every right to contract in my own name and grant the rights and releases herein. I further warrant that I have read this Rights Agreement prior to signing, and that I am fully familiar with and understant its contents.
9. (If below eighteen (18) years of age) I warrant that my parents or legal guardians and our school's administration is fully aware that our dance group will be submitting and the Video to CPI and will be participating on the Event.
I acknowledge that I have read and understood this Rights Agreement and that my school, dance group and our parents / legal guardians shall be bound by this Rights Agreement.